Happy Earth Day! We would like every day to be Earth Day, to celebrate the amazing beauty our planet has given us and also think more deeply about how we can make a positive impact on the environment. It takes all of us to help save the future, and that’s why we wanted to share some ways in which we can minimize our footprint.
If you think about your daily routine, what parts of it make the biggest impact on the environment at large? The first thing that comes to mind for us is our self-care routine. The tubes of mascara, the makeup wipes, the shampoo, the cotton balls, toothpaste containers. So many things we use every single day to take care of ourselves are doing the opposite for the planet. Reducing single use plastics is one of the best ways that you can make an impact on the environment.
And so we wanted to share some of our favorite beauty brands that have decided to take a stand and do just that. Each of these brands make products that are made with clean ingredients, are cruelty-free, and are packaged in 100% recyclable materials. Take action by switching up your daily routine and purchase from these sustainable beauty brands!
- Captain Blankenship: Captain Blankenship’s mission is to make affordable and amazing hair care products that are good for people and the planet! All of their products are made with clean and natural ingredients that are sourced from the earth. In addition, all of their products are packaged in materials that are recyclable and good for the environment. Their Hair Oil and Sea Salt Spray are packaged in glass, which can be reused or recycled at home and their Shampoo and Conditioner are made from 100% ocean bound plastic!
- Original MakeUp Eraser: Did you know that 20 million makeup wipes are thrown into the trash every single day? Well, the Original Makeup Eraser is an alternative and more sustainable option when it comes to taking off your makeup. With just water and this microfiber cloth, you can wipe away the day. Say goodbye to extra waste by making the switch to a MakeUp Eraser.
- Poppy & Pout: Poppy & Pout makes some of our absolute favorite lip balms. They are made with clean and organic ingredients, packaged in recyclable paper tubes, and are cruelty free. Imagine if we just eliminated plastic from our lip care? That alone could make a huge impact on the environment. While Burt's Bees has created a Lip Balm Tube Recycling Program for those materials that cannot be recycled curbside, an even more sustainable option would be to opt for Poppy & Pout’s paper tubes!
- Axiology Beauty: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle are the three pillars we’ve all been taught in regards to helping the planet. And Axiology hits big on the “reduce” part of that framework. They have done amazing work to create a 100% plastic free and zero waste lipstick, which they call their Balmie. It resembles a crayola crayon, and can be used on your eyes, lips, and cheeks for just a little bit of added color. We are obsessed with these little balmies, so be sure to check them out to reduce your beauty footprint!
- Athr Beauty: Athr has made a huge impact in the sustainable beauty industry. They have taken a deep look at their ingredients, production, packaging, and innovation to ensure that they are doing absolutely everything they can to make a smaller footprint. All of their products are made with 100% recyclable materials. Their eye shadows, blush palettes, and highlighters are made with paper, recyclable aluminum pans, and soy based inks, and their lip creams are made with 100% recycled plastics. We are obsessed with their Crystal Charged Cheek Palette, and are happy to know that buying it also helps the planet!