Want to take a quick trip to Paris with us?
Like many of you, we’re eager to travel. For now, we’re manifesting a return to Europe soon with a little travel of the senses. Inspired by breakfast or a snack on the streets of Paris, we’re sharing a simple 3-ingredient vegan crepe recipe. Just start with the batter, then top with whatever you please, or one of our 5 favorite toppings for summer! We especially love whipping up crepes in the summer because they’re quick and the perfect vehicle for almost any fresh fruit. We’ve also been practicing our rolling and folding techniques, making them easy to take on the go.
While we’re indulging our sweet tooth, the toppings can easily be swapped to make a savory crepe instead. Add cheese, eggs, pesto, or whatever you have in the fridge. For some more savory inspo, check this out!
So, invite your friends over, cook for the fam, or treat yourself to the perfect summer brunch / mini trip to Paris.
And be sure to let us know how you like your crepes! Sweet or savory? Folded or rolled? Fork and knife or on the go? Share a photo of your crepes and tag us on Instagram or TikTok to let us know what you think!
1 c Self-Rising Flour
1 ½ c Unflavored Sparkling Water/Seltzer
1 tbsp Salted Butter or Vegan Butter
(Yields 3-4 medium-sized crepes)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour & seltzer. Whisk the mixture until you have a smooth, runny consistency.
- Put the batter in the refrigerator and let sit for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Place a medium or large size pan on the stove over medium heat.*
- When warm, spread a light layer of butter on the pan.
- Quickly pour the crepe batter around the pan. The trick is to pour quickly, pick up your pan, & tilt it to spread a thin layer of the batter around the bottom of the pan before it begins frying.
- Let your crepe cook on medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready to flip when you see plenty of air bubbles, all of the batter appears to be cooked, & the edges begin to curl in.
- Using a large spatula, flip the crepe. Continue to flip every 1-2 minutes until you achieve your desired shade of golden.
- Allow your crepes to cool on a towel-lined plate to absorb extra moisture.
*We recommend a regular pan or skillet without non-stick coating in order to get an even layer of melted butter.
Nutella & Strawberries
1-2 tbsp Nutella
½ - ¾ c Freshly Sliced Strawberries
Whipped Cream (dairy or non dairy)
A few pinches of powdered sugar
- Spread Nutella onto your crepe
- Add strawberry slices & fold or roll your French pancake
- Finish with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of powdered sugar. Bon appétit!
Peanut Butter Banana
1-2 tbsp Peanut Butter (smooth)
1-2 Sliced Bananas
A drizzle of honey
A dash of Cinnamon or Powdered Sugar
- Spread a smooth layer of peanut butter onto your crepe
- Add banana slices, then fold or roll that bad boy
- Complete with a drizzle of honey & a dash of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Sugar & Strawberries
½ tbsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp White Sugar
½ - ¾ c Sliced Strawberries
A swirl of Whipped cream
- Combine cinnamon & sugar in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar onto your crepe
- Put strawberry slices inside or save as a side
- Add whipped cream to finish it all off!
Classic Maple Syrup
About ½ c Pure Maple Syrup
A dash of cinnamon
- Drizzle maple syrup on crepes
- Top with a dash of cinnamon & dig in!
Lemon Curd & Berries
4-6 oz. of Lemon Curd (store bought or homemade)
½ - 1 c Raspberries and/or Sliced Strawberries
A few pinches of Powdered Sugar
- Depending on your love of lemon, spread your desired amount of lemon curd onto your crepe
- Fill with berries of your choice
- Sprinkle a light dusting of powdered sugar & serve.